Friday, November 9, 2007

Day 9

Wasn't expecting to do any writing at all today, but I gave it a shot after the vet. "Real" writers write all the time, even if all they accomplish is a few hundred words. So.

Last night I had a great idea for a prologue while in bed, but today could only remember the opening scene when I sat down to write it. What's that? A writer who doesn't have a pad of paper and pen on his nightstand? Yep. Pathetic. I do now.

So I tried a different angle, didn't like what I wrote, tried a different angle, and this time fell into a pit of fantasy pathos that led me straight to cliches and miserable writing. But, that's fine. I'll puzzle it out later. An interesting idea came to me while making the second attempt at writing a prologue, and I'm anxious to see where it goes.

Quota: 15,911
Actual: 15,664

No comments: