Friday, November 16, 2007

Day 16

I'm somewhat revitalized today, but even so, spent an hour and a half typing 550 words (not a lot, considering how fast I can type), and all words led squarely into three dead ends that involved deleting 3,000 words from the text because they just didn't make any sense whatsoever.

I'll be going to the writing session tomorrow at The Story Studio and expect that being surrounded by so many writers working furiously at their own NaNoWriMo manuscripts that inspiration can't help but strike. Unfortunately I'll be on my laptop, away from the comforts of my split ergonomic keyboard...but it could be worse. I could only have a stone tablet and a chisel to compose on. That would be unsightly, not at all conducive to productivity, and would certainly disturb the rest of the writers.

I do know what I need to do; what I'm not sure of is how to do it. I'll keep trying until I get it right.

Quota: 27,276
Actual: 23,887

BEHIND: 3,389

No comments: