Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Day 7 - Morning

Not sure how much time I'm going to have for writing today. I have a few errands to run in the morning, two submissions from my classmates to read, and class from 6:30 to 9:00. Since it's our last class, we're going out to grab a bite to eat afterward.

My good friend Robin Reardon, author of A Secret Edge, reminded me that
You can fill in much of the details of the ancient times later; the story, the relationships -- that's what counts. But if you slow yourself down getting all of your historical ducks in a row, rather than just the critical ones, it's a kind of procrastination.


It's good advice, because yesterday, my frustration with my inability to place my characters in the right setting was so distracting that it affected not only my word count, but the quality of my writing.

I did find three CDs that helped put me in the mood, and hope to find more.

Elizabeth: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack
Codex Faenza: Instrumental Music of the Early 15th Century
Sinners & Saints: The Ultimate Medieval and Renaissance Music Collection

If anybody knows of other Medieval or Renaissance music, let me know by posting a comment to this post! Thanks.

No comments: