Monday, November 19, 2007

Day 19

Good work so far today. I might not be finished...we'll see. I continued with the backstory presentation, and had to laugh at much of what I was writing because it's just so silly and some parts clumsily worded. But I've learned that it's OK to write nonsensical filler, as long as you're moving toward your goal, and the filler isn't completely off topic.

I would imagine that 100% of the backstory that I've written yesterday and today will be entirely rewritten. That's OK, because out of this junk I was writing came a jewel. (I'm borrowing that from Linda Collison, fellow NaNoWriMo buddy and author of Star-Crossed. I have long puzzled out certain relationships that, for lack of better words (or laziness), the good guys and bad guys have, in the past.

History is written by the victors, and it's often incorrectly recorded. Today I figured out how to incorrectly record history.

Quota: 29,549
Actual: 30,593

(If you're looking at my statistics on NaNoWriMo, the graph is incorrect. I don't know why. It has the right word count, but isn't populating word counts on the days I'm entering them. Perhaps I entered too late yesterday, so they counted toward today?)

No comments: